– Answers Demanded After Jet ‘Blown Out Of Sky’ Full story
– Plane Tragedy Could Be Game Changer In Ukraine Full story
– Israeli Soldier And 11 Palestinians Die In Gaza Full story
– Labour to create two new trains bodies in re-nationalisation plan Full story
– UK guarantees £230m loan for Grangemouth Full story
– Doubts looming over Eurozone stimulus option Full story
– Forget garden cities: This utopian ideal will never give us the houses we need Full story
– Don’t politicise takeovers, Vince Cable – you risk putting bidders off Britain Full story
– Lib Dem reversal on the bedroom tax should worry welfare reform supporters Full story
– Rolling strikes to be illegal, Tories promise (also in Daily Mail) Full story
– Chalk and talk schools ‘marked down by Ofsted’ (also in Daily Mail) Full story
– Euro rulings on human rights could be vetoed by MPs (also in Daily Mail) Full story
– Blair sought amnesty for IRA suspect Full story
– Politicians once relied on gut instinct to tell them how voters felt. Not any more, as the Cabinet reshuffle confirms. We’re in a new political era and Barack Obama is responsible Full story
– Fraser Nelson: What’s the secret behind our jobs miracle? Welfare reform Full story
– Israel invades Gaza to strike blow at Hamas Full story
– EU courts paves way for obesity to be a disability incl comments from Louise Bours MEP Full story
– Ros Altmann: Older people are a huge benefit to every workplace Full story
– Police fail to find culprit in HALF of all crimes (also in The Times) Full story
– They’re just puppets! Labour hits out at new female Tory ministers Full story
– Tom Utley: What REALLY makes me hot under the collar is quangos wasting my money on fatuous tips for beating heatwaves Full story
– You unbelievable hypocrite, Clegg! Full story
– Cameron high-fives Juncker as pair talk of challenges Full story
– Lib Dems had chance to act on hated tax Full story
– Former cabinet minister invested in film scheme ‘designed to avoid tax’ Full story
– Philip Collins: Sack your most dynamic minister? Pathetic Full story
– Crime falls a record 14% in England and Wales to 33-year low Full story
– ‘Communications are no longer safe’: Snowden urges doctors and lawyers to encrypt all data Full story
– Lib Dems to widen policy gap with new women’s pay pledge Full story
– Labour may allow not-for-profit firms to bid for rail franchises Full story
– Two more IRA fugitives wrongly given clearance Full story
– Safer cycling ‘roadmap’ backs 20mph speed limits for cars Full story
– Lib Dems vow to block ‘headbanger’ Tory plans to limit human rights Full story
– Nigel Farage: Why can’t the countryside be governed by people who actually understand it? Full story
– Cam’s chessy greeting for Euro arch-enemy Juncker? incl comment from Nigel Farage Full story
House of Commons
– No business announced for today
House of Lords
– Legislation – Assisted Dying Bill [HL] – Second reading – Lord Falconer of Thoroton
– BUCKINGHAMSHIRE: Cabinet meeting. Mid-morning/lunchtime.
– MILTON KEYNES: Labour National Policy Forum.
– TOLPUDDLE: Tolpuddle Festival. Annual trade union event celebrating the Tolpuddle Martyrs.
– 0600: Firefighters strike. Members of the FBU in Wales and England will strike between 6am and 8am and again from 11pm to 1am Saturday in their long running dispute over pensions.
– Council of Mortgage Lenders (CML) releases its gross mortgage lending figures for June. CML 020 7438 8923.
– 1000 LONDON: Second reading of Lord Falconer’s Assisted Dying Bill. Protesters from Not Dead Yet UK are due to rally outside Parliament
– 1130 LONDON: Off-camera briefing on Nato summit. Sir Adam Thomson, UK Permanent Representative to NATO, will provide an overview of the themes for the NATO Summit Wales 2014
– 1230 DUNDEE: Alistair Darling opens Better Together office. He will be joined by Dundee West MP Jim McGovern and North East Scotland MSP Jenny Marra.