YouGov/Sun poll tonight – Labour lead by two: CON 32%, LAB 34%, LD 7%, UKIP 14%, GRN 7%
– As Ed Miliband says he’ll make sensible cuts, are Labour’s deficit reduction plans credible?
Editorial: Only a judicial probe into torture will do
– Migrants drove miles to ‘cheating’ test centre: Officials became suspicious when applicants drove huge distances to sit Life in the UK exam at specific centre
– Guns, booze and drugs could easily be stolen because of ‘unacceptably’ lax UK customs security
– Outrage as taxpayer-funded economist claims Britain has ‘masses of room’ for more migrants
– Nigel Farage and Russell Brand involved in heated immigration debate on Question Time
– Primary school postcode lottery – children’s education depends on where they live
– US hid UK links in CIA torture report at request of British spy agencies
– Controversial NHS patient data sharing pilot scheme may be delayed until 2015
Editorial: The trust deficit: Ed Miliband is right to point out the Coalition’s failures on borrowing. But will the public buy his alternative plan?
– Low wages force Britain to spend £900m more on tax credits than planned
– Conservative Party may take action after local councillor claims prospective MP was rejected due to ‘handicap of being brown and a woman‘
– Indecisive Ed asked MP if he should sack her
Editorial: Our immigration system is a shambles
– Russell Brand under fire for sexism and bullying in heated Question Time debate
– Post Office strike. 24-hour strike by workers who deliver cash to post offices, in a row over pay.
– 0700 LONDON: Ofwat publishes final determinations on household water and sewerage bills between 2015 and 2020.