Labour lead at 6 – Latest YouGov / The Sun results 12th June – Con 32%, Lab 38%, LD 8%, UKIP 12%
– Iraq Militants Poised For March On Baghdad
Insurgents take more territory on the road to Iraq’s capital as the US says it will consider “all options” to stop the fighters.
– Carney – prepare for a rise in rates (also in Daily Telegraph, The Times)
– Allister Heath: Rates are going up – and mortgages will become harder to get
– PM: Nonsense that Juncker has mandate (also in Daily Mail)
– Nigel Farage could face fine over donations (also in Daily Express, Daily Mail, The Times)
– Fraser Nelson: Osborne won’t admit it, but the Tories are really milking the rich
– Jeremy Warner: Banks are crying out for the Uber treatment
– Isabel Hardman: The young think like Tories – so why are they voting Labour?
– Battle is on again to guarantee EU referendum in law
– PM told to veto Brussels spending plan
– Frederick Forsyth: It’s mad for Tories and UKIP to fight
– English not first language for 1m pupils incl comment from Patrick O’Flynn MEP
– Starstruck. As Iraq implodes and Russian tanks roll into Ukraine, PM goes on date night at celeb hotspot and Hague hobnobs with Brangelina
– Tory MEPs join forces with ‘German UKIP’ (also in The Times)
– JK Rowling: Why I gave £1m to help stop Britain breaking up
House of Commons
House of Lords
– No business announced
– LONDON: Angelina Jolie and William Hague host summit on on ending sexual violence in conflict. The Foreign Secretary and Jolie, a UN special envoy, will host the summit expected to be attended by 140 countries.
– KINGSTON: Sentencing of the first person in the UK to be convicted of terrorist offences in connection with the Syria conflict.