YouGov/Sun poll tonight: Labour lead by 5 points – biggest since October. LAB 35%, CON 30%, UKIP 16%, GRN 8%, LDEM 6%.
– The EU-US free trade deal is in danger of failing – and it’s SMEs who’d lose out
– Ukip MP Mark Reckless crowd-funds to “deal with” Conservative legal challenge
Editorial: EU meddling opens our borders to abuse
– Sir Cover-up in row over bending rules: Cabinet Secretary at centre of claims office allowed special advisers to campaign in Rochester by-election
– Will your bins now be collected once every FOUR weeks? Senior council leader warns cuts to frontline services are inevitable after funding is slashed again
– UK faces fresh wave of migrants after visa ruling by Euro judges: Rules forcing foreign family members of EU residents to get permit are scrapped by European court
– Illegal migrants make 3,000 attempts each month to enter Britain – and figure has almost quadrupled in just three years
– ‘Absolute kick in the teeth’: New EU ruling classing fat people as disabled sparks outrage
– Big pay rise for Osborne aide fuels anger over special advisers
Editorial: The Guardian view on the US-Cuba breakthrough: more US diplomatic creativity is needed elsewhere
Editorial: Steady, Mr Salmond: Responsibility is required from the prospective MP
– MP Simon Danczuk says Prime Minister David Cameron is ‘dismissive’ of sex abuse allegations
Editorial: NO wonder there is so much anti-EU outrage when you consider two insane decisions foisted on Britain in one day yesterday. FOR too long users of price comparison sites have been taken for a ride. THE buckling of Sony and the cinema chains in the face of North Korean cyber-terrorists is a pathetic loss of bottle.
– The year Ukip went mainstream – in 60 seconds
– Ukip’s rise ‘will hurt shares and pensions’, City analyst says
– 0815 BRUSSELS: David Cameron at European Council summit.
– 0930 LONDON: Public sector borrowing figures for November are published by the Office for National Statistics.
– 1000 LONDON: PCMH for David Cameron’s former special adviser accused of making and possessing indecent images of children.