YouGov/Sun poll tonight – Labour and Tories tied, as are Lib Dems & Greens: CON 34%, LAB 34%, LD 6%, UKIP 15%, GRN 6%
– EU budget 2014: Britain ordered to pay extra €2.1bn as compensation for its strong economic performance compared to other countries
– Brussels back for more of your cash: EU asks Britain for an extra £1.7BILLION – because our economy’s doing so well (while France gets £790m rebate)
– Royal Marine is held ‘as he takes holiday trip to fight against ISIS’: Commando quizzed over claims he was planning to join up with Kurdish forces
– Thousands of illegal immigrants escaping deportation because bungling officials are failing to act on public tip-offs
– £30bn black hole may force the NHS to charge patients: Hospitals must cut costs in order to keep service afloat, warn experts
– Brussels showers British business with 1,000 new bits of red tape, despite cut back vow
– Lord Stevens joins Express Newspapers
– Calais plans ‘new Sangatte’ for migrants
– UK pledges £80m more aid to tackle Ebola epidemic in Sierra Leone
– Ed Miliband: immigration is at top of Labour’s agenda
– Rochester byelection: Tories select local businesswoman Kelly Tolhurst
– Nigel Farage on the Ottawa shooting: It could just as easily happen on the streets of London
– Ed Miliband attempts to take on Ukip – with toughened immigration policies
– Brickies urged to hire ex-squaddies to help get Britain moving
– The health revolution is under way – but no fanfare, please
– Boris tried to silence us over air quality fears, say scientists
– Illegal immigrants play the system as officials dither
– 0700: Prison officers strike.
– 0830 BRUSSELS: David Cameron at European Council summit.
– 0900 LONDON: Nigel Farage LBC phone-in.
– 0930 LONDON: First estimate of GDP for the third quarter is published by the Office for National Statistics.
– 1600 ROCHESTER: Nominations close for Rochester & Strood by-election. Nominations close at 1600 and should be available from Medway Council by 1700.