– Scotland will lose its brightest brains if it becomes independent, scientists say
– Children to study computer programming and financial numeracy as new subjects added to school timetables
– Gas costs you THREE times what the energy firms pay: Millions of households being ripped off after wholesale cost halves in six months
– We can do deal on migrants and benefits to keep Britain on board, says new EU chief: Donald Tusk says it would be a ‘dark scenario’ if the UK were to leave
– Pupils facing tough new curriculum as school year starts: Foreign languages will be compulsory at primary schools and children will learn computer programming in biggest shake-up for a decade
– Selling out! Super vacs hoovered up by shoppers as they continue to criticise EU ban on powerful machines in an attempt to save energy
– Up to 100 Eurosceptic Tory MPs set to defy David Cameron and promise to vote to leave the EU in 2017 referendum
– David Cameron losing grip as sacked Tory minister ‘had lunch with Ukip benefactor’
– EU red tape is ‘hitting pensioners hard’ as payouts are hammered by Brussels regulations
– Tories face wipeout as Ukip warns of a ‘political landslide’
– David Cameron gives spy agencies power to vet airline flight lists
– Tories should give Ukip free run in Clacton, MP suggests
– Gordon Brown blamed for Labour’s lost credibility on economy
– Tory Eurosceptics to defy Cameron with manifesto pledges in next year’s general election
– Isis terror threat: Michael Fallon defends Government action against ‘very real’ terrorist threats
– Chuka warns Ed, Labour needs ‘energy’
– Top Tory: Give Ukip Clacton walkover
– Boarding school plan to transform troubled children’s chances
– How British MEPs are outvoted time and again in Brussels
– MP demands secret ballot on ‘lame duck’ Speaker
– Only with a new hub airport will Britain truly take off (Boris article)
– Tory MP Chris Kelly to stand down after just one term (He knows UKIP will beat him in 2015)
– Reclaim our borders, PM warned
– Osborne ponders British exit as dismay with Europe grows
– Rotherham: officials tried to have abuse report rewritten
– Where Tories should be wary of Ukip
– New EU vacuum cleaner energy label comes into force.
– 0930: Bank of England releases its Money and Credit report for July.
– 0930 DUNFERMLINE: Shadow Secretary of State for Defence, Vernon Coaker MP, will unveil the latest Scottish Labour campaign poster, highlighting the “threat” posed to jobs in Scotland’s defence industry by independence.
– 1100 BANBRIDGE: Historical Institutional Abuse Inquiry.
– 1530 (not before) LONDON: David Cameron statement on counter-terrorism measures. House of Commons.