YouGov/Sun poll tonight – Labour lead up one to four points: CON 34%, LAB 38%, LD 8%, UKIP 12%
Today’s News Brief has been collated by Jack Duffin.
– Oh dear, is this another costly IT failure? Full story
– Speed limit on rural roads to rise to 50mph Full story
– Spending less is the key to cutting the deficit Full story
– Primary school children could have to do two hours of sport a week if Labour wins election Full story
– One in three will end up paying higher rate tax, Office for Budget Responsibility analysis suggests Full story
– A third of workers to pay higher rate of tax by 2033, says OBR Full story
– The Tory donor whose firm is one of Britain’s biggest tax avoiders – with HMRC’s blessing Full story
– Tory MP David Ruffley speaks of ‘deep regret’ over assault Full story
– Calls for Tory MP to stand down as trade envoy over Russian business links Full story
– Isabella Acevedo: the immigration minister’s cleaner stuck in Yarl’s Wood Full story
– Reframing Miliband: Labour faces up to the ‘Ed problem’ – but is it too late? Full story
– Former head of social services at Baby P council Sharon Shoemith wins £679,000 pay-out for unfair dismissal Full story
– The hidden fees in your insurance bill: Two in three people angry at ‘sneaky’ charges being introduced in the small print Full story
– Councils are making £650million from parking: Profits rise by more than a quarter in just four years despite promises to ease financial burden on motorists Full story
– Record 80% of older people own a home: Official figures reveal huge gulf between pensioners and those aged 25 to 34 Full story
– Bloated Lords will be packed with yet more leaders’ cronies and failed politicians: Number of peers set to top 1,000 Full story
– Minister did no checks on me, says illegal migrant who forced his resignation: Cleaner contradicts politician’s account of how he checked his papers Full story
– STEPHEN GLOVER: Yes, Putin’s a bad man. But if it wasn’t for the blundering EU, that airliner might not have been downed Full story
The Daily Express
– £11bn foreign aid bill ‘helps British business’, says David Cameron Full story
– Daily Express journalist given key role in Ukip shake-up #UKIPShuffle Full story
– More needs to be done to stop non-EU immigration, says former Cabinet minister Full story
– Cam can’t play tough guy while we’re in EU (Column by Nigel Farage) Full story
– Ex-Ukip MEP Nikki Sinclaire charged over travel expenses Full story
– ‘Pilgrims’ crackdown saves £6million a year Full story
– Nick Clegg under pressure to sack MP David Ward Full story
– Row over honours for Tory donor and axed ministers Full story
House of Lords
– EU Committee Annual Report 2013-14
– External Affairs (EU Sub-Committee C)
– EU and Russia
– GLASGOW: Vince Cable speech.
– 0930 LONDON: Former News of the World reporter Dan Evans to be sentenced for phone hacking.
– 1030 LONDON: National Catholic Safeguarding Commision launches annual report.
– 1030 LONDON: Supreme Court hearing on prisoners’ voting rights.
– 1200 GLASGOW: European launch of the UN Decade of Sustainable Energy for All.