YouGov/Sun poll – Labour lead down three to four points: CON 33%, LAB 37%, LD 7%, UKIP 13%
– UKIP South Yorkshire Police and Crime Commissioner candidate announced.
– Support for Welsh independence hits record low after Scottish referendum.
– Our housing crisis will become a catastrophe without a national crusade to fix it.
– As Cameron recalls Parliament, should Britain join an open-ended campaign against the IS?
– Euro falls against the dollar to its lowest in 15 months.
– National Crime Agency is ‘failing to investigate’ 25,000 paedophiles downloading child porn, Labour claims.
– Pupils are losing an hour a day’s teaching because of rowdy behaviour: Headteachers under fire for allowing disruption to go unchecked, damaging pupils’ exam chances.
– MPs lash out at Pothole UK after motorists’ satisfaction with Britain’s road reaches lowest ever level.
– Ed Miliband forgets TWO key issues in botched Labour Party conference speech.
– Labour attacks Ukip as fears grow over by-election seat.
– Oh dear! Labour’s pensions minister doesn’t know what state pension is worth.
– Outspoken Danny Baker criticises Britain’s ‘worthless’ education system.
– Greens push for leader Natalie Bennett to feature in TV election debates.
– Miliband can fudge foreign policy now, but not as PM.
– Labour attacks Ukip as ‘more Tory than the Tories’ before party conference.
– Post-referendum, English nationalism is the elephant in the room.
– Simon Hughes calls for review into children’s access to legal aid.
– David Cameron’s speech to the UN General Assembly: British PM warns world leaders of Isis’s ‘murderous plans to expand its borders’ and pledges to take action.
– Disabled Labour delegate asked to move to make way for party’s ‘bright young things’.
– Council sends ‘burly bouncers’ to 84-year-old’s birthday party in care home.
– Don’t hold an EU referendum, coalition of Europhiles tells PM.
– Dugher: Ukip are ‘more Tory than the Tories’.
– Burnham accused of forgetting neglect scandal deaths.
– UK needs ‘fair not free’ movement of migrants.
– Two Jags in bizarre Chumbawumba rant.
– Ed girl’s toff luck story.
– Ukip MEPs are ‘victims of theft’ at EU travelling circus.
– Nick Clegg receives £5,000 donation from his father.
– The mansion tax: pure class envy.
– Voters are going to shop around from now on.
House of Commons
– Will be recalled tomorrow to discuss IS
House of Lords
– The President’s diary
09:00, Meeting with advisory board of ver.di – Rue Joseph II, Brussels
– PARLIAMENTARY COMMITTEES
09:00 – 12:30 Budgets Committee
09:00 – 12:30 Committee on Industry, Research and Energy
09:00 – 12:30 Committee on Internal Market and Consumer Protection
09:00 – 12:30 Committee on Legal Affairs
09:00 – 12:30 Committee on Civil Liberties, Justice and Home Affairs
– 0800 LONDON: Ofsted head Sir Michael Wilshaw phone-in on LBC radio.
– 0900: Call Clegg on LBC 97.3.
– 0930 NATIONAL: Department for Education publishing statistics on its phonics screening check and national curriculum assessments for seven-year-olds in England.
– 1340 NEWPORT: Bank of England governor Mark Carney speech at the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries General Insurance Conference.
– UKIP delay Kettering candidate selection as part of bid to lure MP Philip Hollobone into defecting.
– UKIP choose crime chief candidate.
– Ukip selection for North Thanet revealed.