YouGov/Sun poll – Labour lead down two to three points: CON 34%, LAB 37%, LD 9%, UKIP 12%
– Bojo is go-go, London Mayor already opened talks with local Tories in Uxbridge to become their MP.
– Are you Havana laugh? Diplomats’ £16k cigars.
– Diesel weasels, Call to help 11m drivers hit by Government car U-turn.
The Daily Telegraph
– Boris Johnson to stand as MP: David Cameron welcomes ‘star player’ back on to the pitch.
– Internet will isolate 700,000 elderly people by 2030, study warns.
– Labour will leave Britain £500 BILLION worse off if put into power, warns Sajid Javid.
– ‘I’ll have a crack at Commons’ says Boris Johnson.
– Enter Boris: now a race against time to find seat.
The Daily Mail
– The super Isa sting that slashes rate for savers: Banks take an axe to tax-free interest just one month after Chancellor’s flagship policy was introduced.
– Government’s £4bn tax windfall as 650,000 savers take advantage of Osborne’s reforms and withdraw pension over next five years.
– Clegg’s hypocriscy over migration, by Shapps: Tory Chairman insists Government still intends to reduce number coming to Britain to ‘tens of thousands’ a year.
– It’s not safe for you here, overwhelmed GP surgery tells patients: Letter sent to 10,000 people tells them they will be turned away unless illness is deemed an emergency.
– Boris Johnson to be parachuted into parliament despite quotes denying he would stand.
– Ending student numbers cap risks spiralling costs, report warns.
– 0900: Call Clegg on LBC 97.3
– 1000 LONDON: Dan Snow unveils Let’s Stay Together celebrity letter
– 1200 LONDON: Bank of England decision on interest rates and quantitative easing