YouGov/Sun poll: CON 34%, LAB 36%, LD 10%, UKIP 12%
– Jobs market set to dominate election fight until May 2015.
– Osborne ready to sell more Lloyds stock when price rises.
– Andrew Sentance: The sorry tale of forward guidance: How our central bank got it wrong.
– Howard Morris: Rising rates will kill off the zombie firms – but they may hurt SMEs too.
– SAS sent in as Iraq rescue mission is launched (also in Daily Express, Daily Mail, The Times, The Guardian).
– Britain’s duty to defeat Islamic state. Kurdish security chief claims his people are victims of mistakes made by UK in drawing the map of the Middle East.
– Low interest rates will stay until next year, Bank signals.
– Universities in a scramble to attract best A-level students.
– Minister: action needed to eradicate university black holes.
– Dan Hodges: This BBC protection racket should be shut down.
– Jo Boaler: Britain’s maths policy simply doesn’t add up.
– Support floods in for fight to end hospital car parking rip-off incl comment from Patrick O’Flynn MEP.
– Number of Romanians and Bulgarians working in UK soars by nearly 10 PER CENT.
– Leo McKinstry: John Major’s views on immigration are predictably wrong.
– Now you may need SIX bins. Warning from Britain’s biggest waste firm over new EU rules.
– Migrants take four jobs for every one that goes to a Briton.
– How BBC sends out 100,00 ‘bullying’ licence letters a day.
– Max Hastings: Yes, protect the innocent. But we mustn’t be drawn into another war we can’t win.
– UKIP gets more donations than Lib Dems.
– How convenient! City boos made a peer by Tories had handed them £333,000 – just WEEKS earlier (also in The Independent).
– UKIP pulls ahead of Lib Dems with a £1m donation.
– Clegg plans cut in national insurance.
– Northern cities can be ‘technology powerhouse’.
– UKIP MEP Louise Bours goes her own way on death penalty.
– Jack Straw: Let’s keep the pressure on this arrogant court (ECHR).
– Tim Montgomerie: The curry minister has a lesson for the right.
– Minister calls for looser restrictions on cannabis to treat sick.
– Woe for workers as pay falls for first time since 2009.
– Trident could go to England, says thinktank.
– Unsafe GP surgeries told: improve or be shut down (also in The Independent).
– Suspend Manchester police chief, say MPs.
– Sikh Tory donor ennobled under false pretences, say Sikhs.
– College of GPs says HS2 work will disrupt its exams.
– Sick and disabled are being made destitute by Government crackdown on benefits, says charity.
– Rise in eastern European workers signals confidence in strengthening economy incl comment from Steven Woolfe MEP.
– Tories raise twice as much as Labour incl comment from Nigel Farage MEP.
– Pay and dismay.
– A-Level results.
– Council of Mortgage Lenders (CML) releases its arrears and repossessions figures for the second quarter of 2014.