YouGov/Sun poll – Labour lead by four points: CON 33%, LAB 37%, LD 8%, UKIP 12%
– Tory minister warns of Labour plan to up national insurance.
– British security on alert as migrants aim to ‘live like a king’ in the UK (mention Steven Woolfe MEP).
– Chief prisons inspector Nick Hardwick interview: ‘You need to make rehabilitation the central point’ .
– Justice Secretary Chris Grayling’s policy ‘responsible for prisoner suicides’.
– Eye-catching Alex Salmond independence claim was based on no economic modelling.
– Labour soar past Tories to take seven-point lead in latest ICM poll.
– Tory Foreign Office minister quits over ‘intolerable’ expenses rules.
– Universities face fiercest battle yet as fewer pupils gain top A-level grades.
– Miliband’s policies are branded catastrophic by Labour grass roots.
– Foreign Office minister Mark Simmonds quits his post and moans: I just can’t live in London on £120,000 (and the £25,000 he paid his wife didn’t make up the difference either).
– Wearing flip-flops, parking in the wrong direction and using a dirty car: The little-known laws behind why 900,000 British drivers have been fined when abroad.
– Our policymakers’ hostility to low-cost flying is hurting the worst-off .
– New poll shows majority support for fracking.
– 1245 GLASGOW: UK Government ministers visit BAE Systems shipyard.