YouGov/Sun poll tonight – Labour lead by four points: CON 31%, LAB 35%, LD 7%, UKIP 15%
– Planning liberalisation is the closest thing there is to an economic silver bullet.
– Scotland could keep the pound – but at the cost of any monetary independence.
– Polls show Conservative party could win 2015 general election.
– ‘Please do NOT break this family apart’ says Cameron in final plea for Scots to stay in UK.
– Tony Blair warns of ‘ripping up’ United Kingdom and admits blame for SNP rise to power.
– It’s NOT as easy as 1,2,3…half of UK adults can’t add up.
– Sugar ban: Junk food should be axed from school to stop tooth decay.
– Yes campaign winning social media battle in Scotland, says Facebook.
– Blame game starts as Scottish poll looms. Blame game begins as PM makes his final pitch for No vote.
– Flow of money to English banks from Scotland ‘raises eyebrows’ in Cumbria.
– UK party leaders issue joint pledge to give Scottish parliament new powers.
– Pay compensation to UK travellers hit by passports backlog, say MPs.
– Party conferences: what teachers and parents can expect.
– Independent Scotland should not use pound, say 63% of English and Welsh.
– Passport Office guilty of overcharging as huge backlogs led to cancelled holidays, MPs say.
– Islamic State: Air strikes on Isis in Syria could be illegal.
– PM’s ‘greenest govt ever’ claim blasted.
– Beheaded David Haines’ daughter ‘touched’ by support.
– Putin could be as big a danger as Stalin was, claims MP.
– House prices would fall nearly 20 per cent if Scotland votes Yes.
– Iran’s Ayatollah blasts US over war on ISIS.
– SNP Government planning half a billion pounds of NHS cutbacks, leaked dossier reveals.
– It’s time the people of England had a say in their nation’s future.
– Inheritance tax and stamp duty are unjust taxes.
– Inheritance tax is now the norm for southern families.
– We are powerless to save hostage, says Hammond.
– Thai police hunt backpacker over British tourist murders.
– Passport office ‘should cut prices, not make a profit’.
– We’ve got six months to save our economy, says French PM.
– Tories double lead over Labour on the economy.
– Highest-earning MP and celebrity chef paid into £1.2bn ‘tax avoidance scheme’.
House of Commons
– LONDON: The House of Commons is in recess for the referendum and conference season. The House will next sit on Monday, October 13.
House of Lords
– Plenary agenda in Strasbourg
09:00 – 11:50, Votes on requests for urgent procedure (Rule 154)
12:00 – 14:00, Texts on which debate is closed
15:00 – 19:00, Presentation by the Council of its position on the draft general budget – 2015 financial year
– The President’s diary
15:00, Meeting with Volkan BOZKKIR,Turkish Minister for EU Affairs – Louis Weiss building, President’s office
16:00, Meeting with Basile Georges CQSMOUSSA, the Syrian Catholic Archbishop Emeritus of the Syrian Catholic Archeparchy of Mosul, Iraq – Louis Weiss building, President’s office
17:00, Inauguration of Space Emilio Colombo – South gallery, 1st floor Louise Weiss building
– WARWICK: Public Health England annual conference.
– 0830 LONDON: Transport for London introduces contactless payments on Tube, tram, DLR, London Overground and National Rail services that accept Oyster.
– 0900 STRASBOURG: European human rights judges will rule on a case concerning capture and detention of Iraqi national by British armed forces.
– 0930 LONDON: Inflation figures for August are published by the Office for National Statistics.
– 0930 LONDON: Office for National Statistics releases its house price study for July.
– 0930 NATIONAL: Ofsted statistics on school inspections between April-June 2014 published.
– 1400 INVERNESS: Liberal Democrats to hold independence campaign event.
– 1600: Nominations close for Clacton by-election.
– Family says farewell to Ian Paisley at private ceremony.
– Parties unveil candidates to fight Shropshire seats.
– Ukip dominates in Gazette online poll for North Thanet.
– ‘Abusive’ Tweets councillor calls on deputy leader to foot the £200 bill for ‘frivolous’ complaints.