YouGov/Sun poll – Con 33%, Labour 38%, Lib Dems 8%, UKIP 12%
The Daily Telegraph
– Police and BBC called before MPs over filmed raid on Sir Cliff Richard’s home.
– David Cameron ridicules Alex Salmond’s “desperate” NHS claims.
– New financial support for grandparents who look after children.
– A family-friendly test that will benefit us all.
– Questions for the House.
– 700,000 migrants ‘do not try to learn English‘: Huge number could not hold a conversation despite Government pledging language test as part of immigration system.
– Schools raiding repairs cash to fund free meals: Councils forced to cut maintenance budgets to pay for Clegg’s controversial plan.
– Taxpayers’ £500million bill for failed border scheme: Government ordered to pay huge sum to giant US firm behind disastrous border control programme.
– UK taxpayer faces £220m bill over e-borders contract termination.
– Labour and transport campaigners step up rail fares fight as prices rise again.
– Spending watchdog accuses DWP of hiding universal credit’s failings.
– Iraq crisis: David Cameron will not put ‘boots on ground’ – but Britain’s involvement expected to last for months.
– Cutbacks mean migrants are unable to find English classes.
– Cameron plans age-rating system for graphic online music videos.
– Cameron holiday row.
– GPs fuel rise of superbugs with ‘useless’ prescriptions.
– Berlin forced to admit that it spied on Turkey for five years.
– MPs to grill Bank’s Mark Carney on Osborne interest rate pact claim.
– Forward guidance: A political gambit that has retarded true capitalism.
- Compensation for EU fruit and veg growers hit by Russian sanctions.
– 0930 LONDON: Inflation figures for July are published by the Office for National Statistics.
– 0930: Office for National Statistics (ONS) releases its house price study for June.