– 150 new EU law
s ruining Britain incl comment from Nigel Farage MEP and Tim Aker MEP.
House of Commons
– Public Administration Select Committee. Accountability of Quangos and Public Bodies
– Treasury Select Committee. Bank of England May 2014 Inflation Report
– Energy and Climate Change Select Committee. Small nuclear power
– Education Select Committee. Academies and free schools
– Culture, Media and Sport Select Committee. Future of the BBC
– Defence Select Committee. Towards the Next Defence and Security Review: Part Two
– Home Affairs Select Committee. The work of the Immigration Directorates (2013 Q4)
House of Lords
Economic and Financial Affairs (EU Sub-Committee A): evidence will be heard on Enhanced Scrutiny of the draft 2015 EU Budget from Nadia Calviño, Director General, DG Budget (BUDG), European Commission and Silvano Presa, Director, Expenditure, DG Budget (BUDG), European Commission
– Debate. The constitutional future of Scotland in the light of the referendum on 18 September
– Debate. Constitution Committee report on the constitutional implications of Scottish independence for the rest of the UK
LONDON: Living Wage Commission due to launch final report. Examining the case for a Living Wage of £8.80 an hour in London and £7.65 outside the capital
– British Bankers’ Association (BBA) releases its latest high street banking report.