YouGov/Sun poll: CON 31%, LAB 36%, LD 8%, UKIP 16%
Ashcroft National Poll: Con 28%, Lab 35%, Lib Dem 8%, UKIP 18%, Green 6%
– EU bonus cap troubles: UK gave out the world’s biggest bonuses in 2013.
– Labour’s faulty rent control plans reflect the shallowness of UK politics today.
– EU puts new Russia sanctions on hold in hope ceasefire survives.
– Nick Clegg rules out London air expansion plans.
– Treasury calls on EU to stop red tape torrent.
– Fast track for TV licence revolution: Move to scrap jail threat for evaders ‘begins in days’.
– Adult children staying at home for an easy life: 84% of parents say that they still do cooking and laundry for their offspring.
– The golden generation: Those born in 1940s retire with cash to spare. But today’s young face a struggle.
– Labour vows to make it EASIER for staff to sue their employers: Business leaders accuse party of burdening them after they announce plans to introduce means testing.
– Workers ‘should be given priority over the old’ in treatment for depression: It would cut £100bn sick day bill says chief medical officer.
– Girl guides venture into the political jungle: Movement calls for school lessons in ‘body confidence’ and equal numbers of men and women in Parliament in first manifesto.
– The Government made more than £12MILLION from families during summer passport crisis.
– ‘Barbaric’ Islamic State terrorists have already attempted SIX attacks in Europe.
– Outrage as Romanian lorry driver who hit pensioner gets just £73 fine.
– Now EU bureaucrats tell us we can’t eat TOAST.
– Scottish independence: No camp sends for Brown as polls tighten.
– Fracking is a toxic issue for Conservative party grassroots.
– TUC congress: We are heading for a Downton Abbey-style society.
– UK to reveal strategy for climate change talks.
– Liberal Democrats launch election manifesto: Decriminalise all drugs and tax the rich.
– General Election 2015: Labour considering ‘ministers for issues’.
– Alistair Darling insists pregnancy news will have no impact on Scottish Independence vote.
– Head of Rotherham Council quits.
– Trade unions receive £100million a year ‘taxpayer subsidy’.
– Only one in five Brits trust the Tories to act on immigration controls.
– Lags getting longest sentences in 20 years.
– Almost a third of voters believe PM should resign if Scots vote Yes.
– MP’s saucy selfie wife may run for Parliament.
– Brit troops heading to Sierra Leone to help tackle Ebola.
– Girl Guides chief: ‘Cameron, Clegg and Miliband – we’re coming for you’.
– The Bullingdon is the least of our problems.
– No need for Britain to fear leaving EU, say economists.
– Scottish independence: The Queen is urged to intervene.
– Nigel Evans reselected to stand as Tory candidate.
– Britain to join Iraq airstrikes ‘in weeks’.
– E-cigarette debate heats up in online war of words.
– Golden age revealed for those who retired in the past decade.
– Rotherham council chief and officer ‘discussed grooming crisis’.
House of Commons
– 11:30am – Main Chamber, High Speed Rail (London-West Midlands) Bill
– 3:00pm – The Thatcher Room, Portcullis House, Child sexual exploitation and the response to localised grooming (Shaun Wright, South Yorkshire Police and Crime Commissioner)
House of Lords
– 10:00am – Room 2, Palace of Westminster
External Affairs (EU Sub-Committee C)
EU and Russia – (at 10.05am)
– 11:00am – Room 3A, Palace of Westminster
Economic and Financial Affairs (EU Sub-Committee A)
Review of the EU Financial Regulatory Framework – (at 11.05am)
– 2:00pm – Room 2, Palace of Westminster
– Tuesday 09-09-2014 – 09:45 – 20:00 The President’s diary
– 14:30 – 15:00 GUE/NGL delegation returns from Palestine and Israel
– 0900 LONDON: CBI Education Conference.
– 0930 LIVERPOOL: TUCongress.