YouGov/Sun poll: CON 33%, LAB 39%, LD 8%, UKIP 12%
– Warnings over lengthening waits for prostate cancer patients.
– Give volunteers £100 off their council tax bills, say local authorities.
– Ed Miliband’s policies are a ‘steaming pile of fudge’, says Damian McBride.
– David Cameron’s demotion of Leader of the Lords ‘breaks the mould of British history’.
– Most solar panels are facing the wrong direction, say scientists.
– Stop NHS privatisation until after the election, says shadow Health Secretary Andy Burnham.
– General Election 2015: Don’t rely on the Ukip protest vote to win, Ed Miliband told.
– Yvette Cooper on domestic violence: ‘Two women are killed each week. If this happened at football games there would be a national outcry’.
– Hand hospitals over to their staff, says Francis Maude.
The Daily Mail
– ‘No clear idea’ and a ‘steaming pile of fudge’: Ed Miliband under extraordinary attack from Gordon Brown’s key aide who warns Labour election plan is ‘totally dysfunctional’.
– Striking Passport Office workers are ‘wrecking’ Brits’ summer hols.
– Farage sale.
House of Lords
– 10:30am – Room 3, Palace of Westminster
Economic and Financial Affairs (EU Sub-Committee A)
– 0930: Bank of England releases its Money and Credit report for June. Bank of England
– 0930: Insolvency Service releases insolvency figures for the second quarter of 2014. Insolvency Service
– 1515 LONDON: London mayor Boris Johnson, Transport for London (TfL) and London Councils will begin consultation on the UK’s first Safer Lorries Scheme.