– Taxman ‘can’t be trusted’ with power to raid bank accounts.
– Farage close to declaring seat.
– Labour backing for public sector strike day that threatens chaos.
– Leo McKinstry: Striking for social justice? No, union militants are selfish and deluded. I should know – I was one.
– Ambitious civil servants taught to say ‘No, minister’.
– Rachel Sylvester: Our civil servants must not be the masters.
– Treasury has not yet signed off on universal credit scheme, MPs told.
– Osborne woos Modi on trade trip to India.
– Scottish “Yes” vote would be ‘worse than the banking crisis’, says ex-Chancellor.
– Labour to offer ‘earn and learn’ technical degrees.
– ECB under pressure to rein in ‘crazy’ euro.
– Scots nationalists accused of bullying.
House of Commons
– Oral Questions. Deputy Prime Minister, including Topical Questions; Attorney General
– Legislation. Modern Slavery Bill – Second reading
– Vince Cable and CBI deputy director general Katja Hall give evidence to House of Lords Economic Affairs Committee on foreign takeovers. Witnesses: at 1430: Professor Sir Tom Blundell, Professor John Kay and Katya Hall. At 1530: Vince Cable MP, Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills.
– Department for Transport gives evidence to Commons Committee on the HS2 Bill
– Business, Innovation and Skills Select Committee. Business-University Collaboration incl Iain Gray, Chief Executive Officer, Technology Strategy Board and The Rt Hon the Lord Heseltine of Thenford CH
– Energy and Climate Change Select Committee. Small nuclear power
– International Development Select Committee. The Independent Commission for Aid Impact’s Annual Report 2013-14
– Treasury Select Committee. HMRC Business Plan 2014-16 – Lin Homer, Chief Executive, HM Revenue & Customs, Ruth Owen, Director General Personal Tax, HM Revenue and Customs and Jim Harra, Director General, Business Tax, HMRC
– Scottish Affairs Select Committee. The Referendum on Separation for Scotland
– Home Affairs Select Committee. The work of HM Passport Office – Paul Pugh, Chief Executive, HM Passport Office, and Registrar General for England and Wales
– Foreign Affairs Select Committee. The FCO’s human rights work in 2013 – Rt Hon Baroness Warsi, Minister of State, Foreign and Commonwealth Office, and officials and Rob Fenn, Head, Human Rights and Democracy Department, Foreign and Commonwealth Office
– Home Affairs Select Committee. Gangs and youth crime
House of Lords
– Short Debate. Government’s industrial policy strategy, and in particular the British Business Bank
– Economic Affairs Select Committee (at 2.30pm) evidence will be heard in a one-off evidence session on The Public Interest and Foreign Takeovers from Professor Sir Tom Blundell, Professor John Kay and Katya Hall and (at approximately 3.30pm) from the Rt Hon Vince Cable MP, Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills.
– British Chambers of Commerce publishes its quarterly economic survey.
– LONDON: Publication of Migration Advisory Committee report on migrants in low-skilled work.-
LONDON: Ed Miliband speech on apprenticeships to Sutton Trust. Business minister Matt Hancock to speak at 1400.
–BOURNEMOUTH: Local Government Association annual conference. Keynote speech by the chairman of the Local Government Association, Councillor David Sparks at 1400.
– 1900 LONDON: Harriet Harman speech on Parliament and Equality.