YouGov/Sun poll – Labour lead by two: CON 32%, LAB 34%, LD 7%, UKIP 15%, GRN 6%
– Editorial: Change is needed in the IPO market
– Japan PM delays tax hike and dissolves parliament
– Coal is the fuel of the future – but not as we’ve ever known it before
– Corporation tax is getting easier to avoid: It’s time to abolish it
Editorial: Too late… and far too cynical, Miss Cooper
– It’s pure and simple, Ed – you’ve made an even BIGGER twit of yourself! Labour leader resorts to online jibe at former pop star Myleene after she ‘wiped the floor’ with him in on-screen Klass war
– Health expert warns there ‘will probably be human cases’ of bird flu as Defra confirms duck farm outbreak is same strain as in Germany and Netherlands
– Ten police officers under investigation over Rotherham child abuse scandal, watchdog confirms
Editorial: We are giving citizenship away far too easily now
Editorial: Deal with floods in Britain BEFORE the Third World blasts Duncan Barkes
– PM on fifth visit to poll campaign
– Britain leaving the EU would be a ‘catastrophe’ for the UK, says German minister
– Overcrowded UK housed a QUARTER of all new European citizens
– MPs warned brazen Calais migrants will target tourist vehicles
Editorial: Juncker should step back on tax avoidance issues
– Watchdog warns on cuts to council budgets
– PM accused of overlooking potential UK pension fund investment
– MPs vote against pub beer tie in defeat for government
– NHS could save £1bn a year from site efficiencies, says research
Editorial: The Guardian view on NHS funding: integrating hospital and community care is right, but it won’t save money
– Rotherham abuse scandal: IPCC to investigate conduct of 10 police officers
– Labour will curb tax credits for EU migrants, says Rachel Reeves
– Boris Johnson to consider 90% funding cuts to youth and education schemes
– Alex Salmond challenged to ‘put up or shut up’ over plans for general election
Editorial: Race to the bottom on immigration
– Controversial benefit sanctions driving more young people to homelessness, charity warns
– Rochester by-election: Boris nowhere to be seen as Tories appear – briefly – to fight Ukip
– Corrupt police chiefs could lose pay-offs under new plans
Editorial: A man wanting to be Prime Minister shouldn’t be taken apart by a pop star in a TV debate about politics. The world is becoming hardened to terrorist horrors.
– Alexander: £30bn of savings needed after next election
– By-election that could change face of politics
– Cam pleads with MPs not to defect to Ukip
Editorial: Baroness Warsi’s comments were ill-judged
– Yours for £8.99 on Ukip’s website: book that finds ‘common ground’ with Enoch Powell
– Why losing Rochester to Ukip is a total catastrophe for the Tories
– Our housing crisis will dominate the political agenda for decades
– Rochester by-election: row over Ukip immigration comments
Editorial: This flood of aid money would be better spent here
– The great passport giveaway
– Tory MPs pour into by-election campaign . . . but don’t stay long
– Labour will withhold NHS cash until reforms are made
– Juncker facing no-confidence vote over corporate tax deals
– 0930: Report on hours and earnings.
– 1130 EDINBURGH: Eurofighter programme briefing.
– 1200: Prime Minister’s Questions.
– 1200 LONDON: Thousands of students expected to march through central London in a national demonstration demanding free education and an end to tuition fees, education cuts and student debt.
– 1430 LONDON: Health workers to join Labour’s shadow health secretary Andy Burnham ahead of the vote on Clive Efford’s bill to protect the NHS from privatisation.
– 1440 EDINBURGH: Nicola Sturgeon voted in as new First Minister.
– 1500 LONDON: Health Secretary Jeremy Hunt speech to Foundation Trust Network.