YouGov/Sun poll: Labour at 5 year low, Greens at a new high. CON 32%, LAB 30%, UKIP 15%, GRN 10%, LDEM 8%
Editorial: This grotesque abuse of anti-terror powers
– UK wide open to ‘freeloading’ EU migrants, warns Foreign Secretary: Hammond says major reduction in immigration is needed to ‘satisfy British public opinion
– Proof that energy giants are ripping us all off – As oil prices continue to tumble, households pay 40% extra for power and 18% too much for petrol
Editorial: Unofficial referendum that speaks volumes on the EU
– 80 per cent of Britons want to leave EU
– Ex-Speaker Betty Boothroyd blasts ‘insulting’ MPs after they do only THREE hours of work
– Fury as Vince Cable describes EU referendum ‘dangerous’ and ‘utterly unrealistic’
– Number of migrants in UK towns trebled in last 10 years
Editorial: UK’s labour regulations must stay light and easy
– Labour urged to rule out SNP coalition pact
– Ukip manifesto “just a series of bullet points”
Editorial: The Guardian view on counter-terror cooperation: walking the line
Editorial: The Guardian view on the end of the Page 3 pin-up: a modest victory
– Chilcot report on Iraq war delayed until after general election
– Schools suspend hundreds of staff amid child protection guidance confusion
– Cameron blamed as second free school branded inadequate by inspectors
Editorial: Home advantage: The call for punitive taxation on owners who leave houses empty is justified when the cost to society is so high
– Labour mayor of Bishop Auckland defects to Ukip claiming ‘the party I once knew is no more’
– George Osborne: We want a ban on Scottish MPs voting on tax issues in England and Wales
– Tory Government betrays our elderly with £1bn social care cuts
Editorial: GOOD Prime Ministers are decisive. Great ones are decisive and, more often than not, right. WHY is Britain harbouring a doctor on the run from child rape charges in America? ANOTHER public figure says Britain must tiptoe around Islam. IF Jackie Beresford’s right, her devoted hubby won her the lotto from the afterlife.
– Ex MI6 chief: UK terror attack ‘highly likely‘
– Scottish MPs ‘banned’ from voting on parts of Budget if Tories win
– Plans ‘being drawn up to slash troop numbers‘
Editorial: Let’s be proud of wealth creation, not ashamed
Editorial: NHS whistleblowers must be protected
– George Osborne’s tainted love for Boris Johnson
– Paramedics told: your strike over pay could kill patients
Editorial: The NHS is in a critical condition but we can’t say so
– ‘Hardline’ May accused of blocking Tehran deal
– Obama sets out attack on super-rich in his State of the Union address
– Cuts to elderly aid ‘fuelling NHS crisis’
– Labour tuition fees plan under fire
– It’s time to bring power back to local people
– Honesty is the best policy for the long term future of the NHS
– PRESTON: Council officers’ recommendations on plans for shale gas exploration, including fracking, at two sites in West Lancashire are to be published online at www.lancashire.gov.uk.
– DAVOS: World Economic Forum annual meeting.
– 0930 LONDON: Bank of England publishes minutes of January monetary policy committee meeting.
– 0930: Latest unemployment figures from ONS.
– 1000 LONDON: Energy Secretary Ed Davey gives evidence to the Commons Energy and Climate Change Committee.
– 1200 LONDON: Prime Minister’s Questions.
– 1700: Ed Balls on LBC radio.
– 1930 BELFAST: Ed Miliband to address a local business community in Belfast.