YouGov/Sun poll – Labour ahead by one point: CON 32%, LAB 33%, LD 8%, UKIP 17%, GRN 5%
– Liberal Democrats accuse Tories of blocking their own EU bill
– Businesses slam politicians over blackout threat
– Europe can only gain if we embrace employee share ownership
– The EU is turning its back on capitalist virtues just when it needs them most
– Immigration – what a mess! 50,000 in Britain illegally are missing, minister says we’ll never control our borders while in EU, and France says we are migrant ‘El Dorado’
– EU ‘exasperated’ with Britain over £1.7bn bill: Senior MEP says Cameron is ‘isolated’ in bid to overturn payment
- National Grid reveals plan to dim your lights: Britain faces series of ‘brownouts’ after closure of coal-fired power stations to meet EU targets
– Labour MP links Leon Brittan to 80s child abuse claims: Amid row over historic sex crimes inquiry, former Home Secretary named in Commons
– Sneering Guardian provokes anger after article calls poppy artwork ‘Ukip-style memorial’ and calls for ceramic flowers to be replaced with bones
– ‘Britain will never be able to control immigration while in EU’ admits Tory minister
– Coalition bid for EU referendum COLLAPSES after ‘Tory and Lib Dem row’
– £100k civil servants on the rise
– Report unveils true extent of Britain’s migrant mess
– SNP’s new leader promises to govern for ‘all of Scotland’
– Britain gives F-35 jets deal permission to take off
– Migration policy hurts competitiveness, minister says
– Hidden costs of state schools causing hardship for millions, says report
– The two angry men on Europe’s borders: loud, proud, and impossible to ignore
– A Tory nightmare: what if ‘Red Ed’ is right on wages?
– Civil service chief under fire for keeping job at drink manufacturer
– MPs criticise Home Office delays as 10,000 asylum-seekers are left in limbo
– NAO attacks Government’s over-optimistic HS2 benefit analysis
– Ombudsman report: NHS sending patients home too early
– Britain First accuses Ukip of ‘playing political game’ with snub over Rochester photo
– Nigel Farage: ‘There’s nothing wrong with white people blacking up‘
– MP arrest details revealed
– MPs: Warn cancer screening patients of needless ops
– Almost half of all Labour Rochester voters are going to back Ukip
– Osborne launches bid to slash £1.7bn EU bill
– Top MP: Licence fee ‘worse than poll tax’
– Government to fund campaign to stamp out anti-gay bullying in schools
– It’s about time we talked about immigration . . .
– State pension is not a benefit, says minister
– David Cameron ‘may never be able to control’ EU immigration, Nick Boles says
– Mayor of Calais Natacha Bouchart blames British benefits system for migrant influx
– Asylum queue hits 45,000 as failed IT projects cost £1bn
– Ukip tanks on Miliband’s lawn in South Yorkshire police commissioner contest
– Armed troops posted to protect ceremonial guards from attack
– Apache gunships poised to take on Islamic State
– UK gives £1bn to brutal Ethiopian regime
– Labour council rejects Miliband’s mansion tax plan
– Eric Pickles and Louise Casey quarterly announcement with new figures on troubled families.
– 0930: Bank of England releases its Money and Credit report for September.
– 0930: Insolvency Service releases insolvency figures for the third quarter of 2014.
– 1000 LONDON: Ruling in the latest legal action over the culling of badgers.
– 1200: Prime Minister’s Questions.
– 1430 LONDON: The UK’s European commissioner-designate, Lord Hill of Oareford, gives evidence to the Commons European Scrutiny Committee.