YouGov/Sun poll – Labour has one-point lead: LAB 37%, CON 36%, UKIP 12%, LD 9%
-MPs reject Bercow’s choice of clerk as spy claims emerge
-More stowaways found in refrigerated lorry
–Rennard returns as Lib Dems draw line under sex case saga
-Muslims told to ‘vote for mayor or be damned’
– Lottery ‘gambled’ £1m on David Cameron’s Big Society project
– Disadvantaged children could miss out on underfunded free school meals programme
– Why are UK rail fares so expensive?
– UK police social media breaches revealed: employees made threatening remarks, posed with weapons, sent friend requests to victims
The Daily Mail
-90 rapists have escaped with a caution over last four years: Critics attack culture that lets serious criminals escape with a slap on the wrist
-Muslim Labour frontbencher accused of encouraging ‘mob rule’ after joining anti-Israel protest which forced supermarket to close… then demanding goods boycott
– GCSE students who can’t write a full sentence: Teenagers are also dropping marks for not using capital letters or basic punctuation during exams
– Brave mother of beheaded American journalist calls on ISIS to cease killing as she pays tribute to her ‘extraordinary son’
– I fear our panic stricken politicians are leading us into another bloody shambles in Iraq, says General Sir Michael Rose
-Lord Rennard readmitted to Lib Dems as party drops disciplinary proceedings
-George Galloway interviewed by police over Bradford ‘Israel-free zone’ speech
-Scottish independence referendum: Alistair Darling accused of defending NHS cuts
–Prison lights-out policy could worsen mental health crisis, campaigners say
-New website lists underused or empty buildings owned by government
-Pension fees cap could add £1bn to savers’ pots
-People living near green spaces should pay a ‘park levy’
-The law cannot force us to be nice to each other
-Our Victorian prisons have had their day
– Chuka Umunna says UK economic rebalancing ‘mired in chaos’
– LONDON: Labour hosts a “Prisons Crisis Summit”. Among those attending will be prison governors, prison officers, former senior officials, charities, voluntary groups, police and crime commissioners and local authority representatives.
– 0930 LONDON: Bank of England publishes minutes of August meeting of monetary policy committee.
– 0930: Council of Mortgage Lenders (CML) releases its gross mortgage lending figures for July.
– 1030: UK National Defence Association press briefing.