YouGov/Sun poll tonight – Labour lead by three points: CON 32%, LAB 35%, LD 8%, UKIP 15%
– Ukraine will need a much bigger bailout to stabilise economy, IMF says
– Was the Davies Commission right to rule out Boris Island as an option for airport expansion?
– Energy supply for winter is uncertain, Grid admits
– ‘Jihadi John’ threatens to behead a Brit next: Terrifying challenge to Cameron after ISIS executioner murders second US journalist in new video
– Prime Minister’s anti-terror plan under attack: It’s a ploy to distract from Ukip, say Labour
– Blackout alert: Offices and factories to undergo 1970s-style electricity rationing this winter to stop households being plunged into darkness
– Free school meals hit teething trouble: Clegg hails first day… but some schools have to bus in hot food
– New camp for Calais migrants is rejected: Plea by mayor of Calais rejected by Interior Minister
– Islamic State ‘behead second US journalist‘ as they threaten life of British hostage
– I regret police raid on Sir Cliff’s home, admits force chief
– Ukips’s Carswell poised to heap birthday blues on Cameron
– Better housing for elderly ‘could save the NHS millions‘
– A points-based system would be welcomed in UK
– Lib Dems seek PR in local elections
– May polishes pitch for Tory leadership with vision on welfare
– British Army to get armour boost
– Rotherham: 12 more child sex abuse victims come forward
– Independent Scotland could not join EU without central bank, expert says
– Douglas Carswell could become first Ukip MP, poll claims
– General Election 2015: Housing and childcare to be Lib Dems’ manifesto keystones
– Andy McSmith’s Diary: If any other MP had suffered the same fate as George Galloway…
– Boris Island rejected: Mayor lashes out as his London airport plan is rejected
– Clacton by-election to take place on David Cameron’s birthday
– Lib Dems want 15hrs free childcare for two-year-olds
– Pound collapse fears soar amid ‘Yes’ poll joy
– Cameron compares Putin to Hitler
– Britain leaps up list of most competitive nations of the world
– PM calls in Mili to back his curb bid
– Jihadist’s threat to Briton after second US journalist is beheaded
– Go on, Carswell, tell ’em what you really think
– Boris accused of being a liar in furious row over airport ruling
– Shock poll forces the Treasury to prepare for independence turmoil
– Ukip on course to crush Conservatives in Clacton
– Met smeared black officer to deflect negative publicity
– 75th anniversary of start of Second World War.
– 0830 LONDON: Ministers from Nato member states discuss challenges to the Atlantic Alliance ahead of the Nato summit, including speech by Defence Secretary Michael Fallon at 1000.
– 0930 LONDON: Home Secretary Theresa May speech on policing reform.
– 1030 ROTHERHAM: Meeting of Rotherham council’s cabinet to discuss response to child abuse report.
– 1045 NEWTON ST BOSWELLS: Liberal Democrat MPs hit the referendum trail.
– 1100 LONDON: National Audit Office briefing on embargoed reports on Government management of contracts.
– 1415 LONDON: Commons Public Accounts Committee takes evidence on reform of UK Border Agency.
– Feeling flush? Would you spend 30p to use public toilets in North East Lincolnshire?
– UKIP slam Thurrock Labour for campaigning before former councillor’s funeral
– BREAKING NEWS: Mair to fight Louth and Horncastle seat for UKIP
– Thurrock Ukip councillor showing signs of improvement after falling ill with brain haemorrhage
– Council tenants owe £3m in rent
– Harrogate Councillor questions how public services will cope with number of planning applications
– Free parking key to Tamworth town centre regeneration