When in the course of human events, it becomes necessary for a once free people to dissolve the bonds that have connected them with their European Union rulers, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which Justice entitle them, respect for the opinions of others requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to act.
We hold these truths to be sacred and undeniable, that everyone is created equal and independent*, that from that equal creation they derive rights inherent and inalienable, among which are the preservation of Life, Liberty, Property and the pursuit of Happiness**.
That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among nations, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such guiding principles, powers, and policies in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to facilitate their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that old ruling Establishments should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience has shown, that the people are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by challenging the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursues a design to reduce them to manipulation and humble servitude under EU directed corporatism or other forms of unrepresentative, poorly managed and exploitative forms of governance, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.
Such has been the patient sufferance of this land; and such is now the necessity which constrains this people to alter the Government and Systems of Government. The longstanding history of our rulers in the EU and their accomplices here is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of EU Tyranny over this nation.
To prove this, let Facts be submitted to a candid world.
- They have managed our decline as a free and dignified people with our own identity;
- They have continually ignored us, our fears and our wishes; And have abolished real democracy;
- They have imposed taxes and burdens without our consent (or even consultation), penalised our honest enterprise and destroyed our existing wealth;
- They have placed ever increasing and outrageous debts on us and future generations by their imprudent borrowing, financial dealings and extravagance;
- They have signed away our ancient rights and freedoms without our consent; They have given foreign, alien courts and bureaucrats supremacy over our own courts and Parliament;
- They have sought to make us fearful and to control our lives with ever increasing laws;
- They have opened our borders to miscreants, criminals and those who would destroy us, and when these persons are found amongst us they awarded them rights to remain and profit at our expense;
- They have visited spin, deceits and deceptions upon us which manipulates us and disguises the true nature of their actions; they have pursued their aims by stealth until irreversible;
- They have restricted the freedoms of the press and of speech to criticise them;
- They have caused scandals in pursuit of their aims and personal gain at our expense, and against our standards of honesty and trust;
- And they have done or failed to do, many other acts, known to every good and honest citizen, which have made our condition worse than it could otherwise be.
In every stage of these Oppressions We have Petitioned for Redress in the most humble terms: Our repeated Petitions have been answered only by repeated injury. EU bureaucrats, politicians and others in the ruling Establishment, whose characters are thus marked by every act which may define emerging oligarchy, (government of and for the privileged few) are unfit to be rulers of a free people.
With grateful acknowledgements to Thomas Jefferson (author American Declaration of Independence), *John Ball (1381), **John Locke (political philosopher) and the 56 brave signatories of July 4th, 1776; also Dr Richard Price and Thomas Paine who inspired freedom
Ed: Please share this text as widely as you can, for Independence and Freedom!