Rochester & Strood result: UKIP – 42.0% (+42.0), CON – 34.8% (-14.4), LAB – 16.7% (-11.7), GRN – 4.2% (+2.7)
YouGov/Sun poll tonight – Tories retain one point lead: CON 34%, LAB 33%, LD 7%, UKIP 15%, GRN 6%
– Labour adviser forecasts Wonga end as boss quits
Editorial: Sneering elite set for another bloody nose
– Mark Reckless vows Ukip will ‘give you back your country’ after winning the Rochester by-election by sweeping away Tory majority of almost 10,000
– Sheffield United retracts decision to allow rapist footballer Ched Evans to train at the club after public outcry at the decision
– Hospital in legal threat to evict elderly patients who are bed-blocking: NHS chiefs’ hardline warning to families
– Global warming ‘waste’: Fury as UK pledges £720m on climate change fight in THIRD WORLD
– Labour MP branded ‘snob’ after appearing to mock people who fly England flag
Editorial: The Guardian view on a deal with Iran: a chance to make history
– Counter-terrorism bill will enable ‘internal exile’ of UK suspects
– Tax relief schemes ‘losing billions’ for Treasury claims Whitehall watchdog
Editorial: Illegal no longer: The political consequences of President Obama’s immigration reform may be dire
Editorial: If foreign state-owned companies can make enormous profits in the UK, why isn’t our Government competing?
– Rochester and Strood by-election: Britain First claims credit for success of Ukip campaign
– Green support: More than one-quarter of voters would back party – if they thought it had chance of success
– Revealed: How the world gets rich – from privatising British public services
– Biting the ballot: Leaders join the move to digital democracy
Editorial: THE St George flag flies on every council estate and in every ordinary street in Britain. CONGRATULATIONS to Ineos over its £640million gamble on shale gas. IT is terrifying that obesity costs Britain £47billion a year.
– Rochester by-election: Six things the Tories need to learn from this defeat
– Rochester by-election: Ukip has started a class war – and is winning
– OTTAWA: Defence Secretary at International Security Forum.
– LONDON: Ofsted publishing advice note and seven inspection reports into six independent schools and one state school in Tower Hamlets, London.
– 0930 LONDON: Mayor Boris Johnson speech at education conference.
– 0930 LONDON: Public sector borrowing figures for October are published by the Office for National Statistics.