- German expert calls for the UK to lead European Defence Policy
- Leaked German finance ministry paper says Greece’s 3rd bailout is imminent and be priced at €10-20 billion
- Total government expenditure in the EU28 was 49.3% of GDP. This is not sustainable, and will not end happily
- Spanish suicides up 11.3% in 2012 as the economy dives
- 75% of EU citizens believe that corruption is institutionalised & 77% say that it has got worse over the last 3 years
- EU gives €142 million in aid to Sahel region of Africa
- The EU has produced its first ever corruption report.
- The EU’s disgraceful attempt to silence UKIP
- Slovenia receives EU assistance to cope with electricity disruption due to severe cold
- Germany pours cold water on Cameron’s hopes for a Treaty change. There will NEVER be a referendum with him as PM
- Spanish corruption scandal engulfs a former minister
- The Dutch Government expects 1% of jobs to be lost this year. What recovery?
- The European Commission (Catherine Ashton) plans to throw billions at Ukraine if an interim government steps in
- Jobless claims in Spain climb by 113,097 in first month of year. What recovery?
- The EU sets minimum and maximum jail terms for dodgy City dealers. Since when did the EU decide on jail terms?
- Ex Soviet state of Georgia is on an ‘irreversible’ march to join the EU says its PM
- The EU’s own institutions should be probed for corruption, its watchdog said today
- Greek newspaper Kathimerini published a list with 153 open issues and policies Athens has failed to implement despite Troika obligations
- The EU now controls all European music downloads
- European retail trade DOWN 1.6% in Eurozone and 0.8% overall in December vs November. What recovery?
- The European Union’s ecodesign and energy labelling schemes are in need of serious improvement according to the EC.
- New European Directive forces member states to offer access to job markets and benefits to spouses of non-EU students
- Greece to get 50 years to repay its loans. Making them a gift not a loan as inflation will erode them over that time
- Over 450,000 asylum applications were made in Europe in 2013, according to the Malta-based European Asylum Support Office
- Romania gets €100 million from EU to help fix youth unemployment
- Non-EU seasonal workers to get the same rights as EU workers
- The European Parliament has voted to overturn the Commission and maintain binding renewables targets until 2030
- The EU court in Luxembourg ruled that people who buy fake goods on the internet are breaking EU copyright laws
- MEP voting on transparency delayed ‘until further notice’
- UN Diplomat’s uses obscenities to rant against the EU
- Half of Spain’s job adverts off pay under €1000 a month. What recovery?
- Spanish bankruptcies hit a record high in 2013. What recovery?
- Mrs Merkel’s party treasurer gets the boot over financial irregularities involving offshore schemes
- Rents in Italy have risen by 105% over the last 20 years while average household salaries have gone up by just 18% according to mioaffito.it
- Birth rates among Polish women living in the UK are twice the levels in Poland
- If the European Court of Justice find for the German Constitutional court the Euro is dead taking with it the EU
- Spanish police denying firing rubber bullets at immigrants trying to swim to Spain, in an action that left 13 drowned
- Denmark closes 6 asylum centres despite a record number arriving last year
- Dutch councils write to the Government stating that the proposed wind farms will kill the local economy