Dear Fellow UKIP Members,
There is good reason to believe that Mrs May could call a snap General Election this Autumn.
The EU withdrawal ‘negotiations’ are at an impasse.
It is quite possible that Mrs May will attempt to resolve this by going to the country with her, ‘Not Really Leaving the EU’ Withdrawal Agreement. Voters will then have a choice of staying in the EU under Mrs May or staying in the EU’s Customs Union under Jeremy Corbyn and his Marxist Labour Party.
UKIP cannot afford to be caught on the hop if this happens.
Therefore I am placing the Party on Red Alert until further notice. We now have to start preparing for a possible election.
This is what I expect the Party to do:
- To start selecting candidates for constituencies now.
- The process for selection will now be streamlined. (Anyone who was previously a candidate, and whom the Branch wishes to reselect, can be pre-approved.)
- New candidates will be required to undergo a parliamentary assessment
- Branch meetings should now have only four things on their agendas:
- The selection of a candidate and planning for the next election.
- The recruitment of new members.
- The raising of funds.
- Any Other Business.
We must concentrate on the essentials only from now on.
Please click the link below. You will be directed to the MyUKIP site and asked to select from one of three options:
- For members who have not stood in 2015 or 2017 Parliamentary elections and would like to begin the process
- For members who DID stand in 2015 or 2017 elections and would like to be reinstated to the approved list
- For members who have attended a Parliamentary Assessment day and achieved Parliamentary approved status but did not stand in either 2015 or 2017 elections
Please note that you will need to be registered and logged in to MyUKIP to gain access to the page.
If you were previously a parliamentary candidate and wish to contest the same seat, please contact the Branch Chairman to let them know.
If you wish to support a candidate or help raise funds locally then contact their local branch or contact HQ on 01626 831 290 who will advise them of their nearest branch.
Here is the link:
Remember this: it was the UKIP electoral threat that achieved the Referendum. It was UKIP that won the Referendum.
We now have to continue the fight to ensure that Brexit is not Betrayed!
In the recent English Local Elections, we achieved an average of 6% of the vote in the seats where we stood.
We expect to do much better than that in the next General Election, and at the least, we can skew the results in marginal seats for both Tories and Labour. UKIP will be an electoral threat once again.
The more than 17.4 million people who voted for Brexit see it being betrayed, the more of them that are potential UKIP voters.
I intend that UKIP will fight as many seats as possible and that we target seats where we can win.
I look forward to the Party putting all it has into these preparations. When the election comes, we must be ready for it.
Member of the European Parliament for London
Leader of the UK Independence Party