- Probe claims RBS and Lloyds have deliberately caused small firms to fail
- RBS, 80 per cent owned by taxpayer, referred to financial watchdogs
- Bank claims it tried to help the businesses, ‘but can’t save all of them’
- Investigation finds the London-based extremist encouraged Brits join cells
- It is alleged 80 of his UK supporters are currently fighting in Syria
- Report by Hope Not Hate says Choudary is a ‘serious player’ in international Islamism
- French spies concerned radical cleric was inspiring Algerian terrorists
- They feared the militants would attack the 1998 World Cup
- Plan was to send hate messages to Hamza from Nazi group Combat 18
- Officials would then shoot him dead and let the group take the blame
- Another plan was to kidnap him and take him to France on a ferry
- Labour leader said PM was ‘demeaning his office’ and had political strategy to ‘sling as much mud as possible in the hope that some of it sticks’
- Outburst follows weeks of negative headlines and scandals for his party
- Include vote-rigging scandal in Falkirk and revelations about Paul Flowers
- Tory chairman said claims were a ‘pathetic attempt to evade serious issues’
- Konstantin Dimitrov hit out at ‘anti-Bulgarian propaganda from UK politicians
- Between 8,000 and 10,000 Bulgarians come to Britain each year in search of work
- Of the £22.4billion handed over by families in council tax in England in 2012-13, some £5.7billion went towards paying for council workers’ pensions
- In Scotland the figures are even worse where councils paid £1billion in employer contributions but collected just £1.9billion in council tax
- New figures show that high costs and lax governance are corroding the pension scheme predict that within three years it will run out of cash
- Scottish Secretary Alistair Carmichael is unsure about David Cameron’s proposals
- But Boris Johnson said ‘it’s time for the UK to take back more control
A HUGE army of Daily Express readers has called on David Cameron to defy the EU – and stop a new wave of migration into Britain.
LABOUR is facing a financial crisis as the party may need to pay back a £2 million Co-operative Bank loan before the next general election, it has been claimed today.
WHAT will it take before the Prime Minister listens to the people and prevents a social and economic catastrophe?
THERE is no more immoral way of raising revenue than inheritance tax, which cruelly penalises families while they grieve the loss of a loved one.
George Osborne says capping the ‘overall cost of credit’ for those taking out payday loans was the part of the process of fixing ‘all parts of the banking and financial system’
Britain will solve its housing crisis only if it builds more homes and lets in fewer people
EU could lift sanctions as early as December, French foreign minister says, as Obama reassures Israel over deal
Student was hit by a taxi just five days after Warwickshire County switched off selected street lights across the county in a bid to save half-a-million pounds
Former Met Police chief Lord Stevens says serving the community must be the main aim of our police force
Back in September, I stuck my neck out (a little bit):
“…here’s a not especially daring prediction: come Halloween, the polls will show Labour with a sufficient lead to put Ed Miliband into Downing Street.”
And lo, it came to pass!
The shortlist is apparently as follows:
Heidi Allen. Paul Bristow. Lucy Frazer. Charlotte Vere.
Osborne: “Attempts to Fix Prices Crush Endeavour”
Cameron Calls Market Intervention “a Communist Plot”
More than half a million patients with long-term sickness like cancer face losing benefits currently paid to them