- The Chancellor told MPs that official figures for disposable income will rise
- But the Institute for Fiscal Studies says his choice of statistics are ‘not something with which to measure living standards’
- The IFS says voters will be ‘considerably’ worse off at the 2015 election
- A childless couple on the median income will have seen their income drop 6.9% from £481 a week in 2010 to £450 a week in 2015
- Jordan Horner, Ricardo Macfarlane and another man sentenced to jail for 68 weeks, 12 months and 24 weeks respectively
- Islamic extremists forced couples to stop holding hands in East London
- They also began a fight with men who were drinking on the street
- Old Bailey hears that Horner, 19, was a drug user before finding Islam
- Mustafa Abdullahi was jailed for ten years after threatening to kill his victim
- The 31-year-old was set to be deported to Somalia on his release
- But immigration judges have ruled he cannot be kicked out because his mother and other family members live in the UK
- They claim deportation would breach his right to a private and family life
A HOTEL in Manchester has been told by the Home Office that it must take in 104 asylum seekers for up to nine months while their claims to stay in the UK are dealt with.
THE more we hear about Marine A, now identified as Sergeant Alexander Wayne Blackman, the more remarkable a soldier he appears to be.
DAVID Cameron assumed the unlikely role of travelling salesman this week, hawking pork sausages and pigs’ trotters around China.
Anne McIntosh, the Tory MP, faces a ballot of her local association membership in January after falling foul of some activists
The Queen holds private meeting with William Hague, the Foreign Secretary, who has been criticised for ignoring Britain’s Commonwealth allies
The overriding strategic story in Europe today is the breakdown of Franco-German condominium.
Delivering its judgment on George Osborne’s autumn statement, Institute for Fiscal Studies backs claims by Ed Balls that family budgets are being squeezed hard
Nelson Mandela not only made history, he did so in such a way that made others – from David Cameron to Elton John – want to rewrite their own