Following the recent successful trip to Brussels, which included a visit to the parliament there, Gerard Batten MEP (pictured above) is hosting a further trip next year, this time to Strasbourg.
On September 7, travellers will check-in at London Gatwick airport for the flight to Strasbourg (times to be advised when 2015 late summer schedule is available). On arrival they will be met at the airport for the short transfer by coach to La Diligence hotel in the small town of Obernai. After checking in at the hotel they will have free time and the evening at leisure.
On September 8, the trip will leave Obernai after breakfast to travel to Strasbourg by coach for their morning visit to the European Parliament, hosted by London UKIP MEP, Gerard Batten. Attendance at this visit is mandatory to receive the EU subsidy which has already been deducted from the cost of the trip. The visit lasts approximately 2.5 hours and the programme includes a general introduction by an EP official on the role and work of the European Parliament, then 45 minutes with Gerard, who will share his experience of the Parliament, followed by a short Q&A session.
The group will then visit the Plenary Chamber to observe the MEPs’ ‘debates’ from the visitors’ gallery and should also see some of the morning voting session. The coach will then return to Strasbourg where they will have time to explore this delightful city at their leisure. Optional boat trips around the town’s river and canals may be booked. Late in the afternoon the group will return to Obernai by coach.
The following day the group will leave Obernai for Sttrsbourg airport for the return flight to LGW, and travel to the airport via the pretty Alsace town of Molsheim, where there will be an optional, pre-bookable visit to a local Alsace Winery or just some sightseeing.
The cost includes:
- Return flights LGW to Strasbourg (includes one hold bag of not more than 20kgs in addition to a small carry-on bag).
- 2 nights b&b at Hotel La Diligence, Obernai. This is a delightful hotel in the Alsatian style, located in the centre of the pretty village of Obernai, half an hour from Strasburg, which is one of the Alsace wine route villages (see http://www.hotel-diligence.com). Some rooms may be in the hotel annexe, 100 metres from the main hotel. Rooms will be allocated in order of booking and if required, luggage transfer from the coach to the annexe is included.
- Coach transfers airport to hotel on day of arrival/departure and coach from hotel to Parliament, thence to Strasbourg centre and back to hotel later.
- Visit to the Strasbourg Parliament hosted by Gerard Batten MEP
- Free afternoon in Strasbourg after Parliament visit
- Choice of optional excursions, dependent on final flight timings