– Ten Minute Rule Motion. Local Government Boundary Commission (Public Representations) – John Pugh
– Education Select Committee. Subject: Underachievement in education of white working class children
– Lawrence Tomlinson at Treasury Select Committee. Government adviser, who wrote report alleging Royal Bank of Scotland drove firms to collapse to buy back their assets at record prices, to give evidence on banks’ lending practices – treatment of businesses in distress.
– Chris Grayling will appear before the European Scrutiny committee. The Justice Secretary will give evidence on the application of the EU Charter of Fundamental Rights in the UK
In the House of Lords
– Oral Question. Eligibility of Scottish MPs to stand for election in 2015 in the event of independence following the Scottish referendum in 2014 – Lord Flight
– Nationwide releases its house price study for January.
– Communities Secretary Eric Pickles announcement on supporting local economies, high streets and Enterprise Zones.
– SNP Education Secretary and UK Scottish Secretary speeches on education. ESRC’s Future of the UK and Scotland seminar considers the implications for higher education in the event of further devolution or independence.